About this blog right here. Uh huh...

Some people call my luv of mangoes 'a fetish'. Meh. I say it's gone way beyond that! This blog's my homage to the succulent fruit - memoirs, poetry, random thoughts, pics & anything mango-related I can get my tongue on.

Thursday, August 23

A swarm of mango trees...


I see mango trees all around me,
the only fruit on the island.

Their colours seduce me.

This is the rainbow I wanted.
The one I asked my Mother for.
I thought She'd forgotten
but She was listening all along,
knitting it into Her quilt.


Teeth sink into orange flesh
and a million orgasms explode
in my mouth.


Sticky fingers.
Full belly.
Appeased tongue.


My hands   run over
the rough-smooth texture
of the oldest mango tree
as she bears
her last fruit.



© mango FReak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting poem. Very descriptive.

mango.fReak said...

why thank you, Rose!

DID YOU KNOW?

...that in Hinduism, the mango tree is considered to be sacred because Prajapati, the Lord of Creatures, was changed into a mango tree.

--------------

Fellow Mango FReakoids...

* Marney Makridakis
* Whisper of Madness [a salivating description of a mango]
* FreshMangos.com
* Gift Mangoes
* National Mango Board

--------------

My Nemesis ;-(

* Kaptain Krayola