About this blog right here. Uh huh...

Some people call my luv of mangoes 'a fetish'. Meh. I say it's gone way beyond that! This blog's my homage to the succulent fruit - memoirs, poetry, random thoughts, pics & anything mango-related I can get my tongue on.

Monday, August 20

Love is...

a heart
So, I was at a poetry event last night - really good - and one of the poets asked the audience to sum up 'Love' in one word...


...and I said 'Mangoes'.


What?   What's wrong with that?


Then someone else said 'Unconditional' and the poet oooh'ed and aaah'ed over that word for like a day. I'm like 'What about me?', 'What about meeeeeeeeee?'

Anywayz, deep down inside, I'm thinking she must have really liked my response 'cos she gave me one of her books - a gift - signed and everything! She wrote inside:

Love & Beauty = You.


YOU HEAR THAT, PEOPLE? Luuuuurve + Beaulee Equals ME! Ooooh Weeee!


Please show her some mango-lurve by passing through her site. Her name's Michelle Marie Clarke-Campbell. And her book's called Black Honey.


a mango in all of y'all's palms...


mango FReak.

No comments:

DID YOU KNOW?

...that in Hinduism, the mango tree is considered to be sacred because Prajapati, the Lord of Creatures, was changed into a mango tree.

--------------

Fellow Mango FReakoids...

* Marney Makridakis
* Whisper of Madness [a salivating description of a mango]
* FreshMangos.com
* Gift Mangoes
* National Mango Board

--------------

My Nemesis ;-(

* Kaptain Krayola