About this blog right here. Uh huh...

Some people call my luv of mangoes 'a fetish'. Meh. I say it's gone way beyond that! This blog's my homage to the succulent fruit - memoirs, poetry, random thoughts, pics & anything mango-related I can get my tongue on.

Thursday, May 8

They’re ba-aaaaaaack!!!

mangos
Oh dear God, they're back! I just had me some mangoes – 5 lil ones. And it's almost like they've never been away!

(My camera's busted so I can't take mango pics which is a bit grrrr but I'm saving up to buy a new one).

I must get my head around the different varieties. I LOVE them all, but I don't really know their names. I know Julie, Atkin, Ghana, Alphonso and Honey mangoes but I couldn't tell you what the rest I've eaten are called – such as the ones I had today – they were gorgeous! I made a tiny incision with my teeth, then sucked the juice out, peeled away the skin, ate what was left – it was divine – 5 times over! Now I'm picking the strands out of my teeth in sheer pleasure.

They're £1.29 a lb at the mo', but they'll probably get cheaper the further into the summer we get – then, you can buy some for as cheap as £0.69 a lb.

I'm REALLY looking forward to going down to Green Street market over the coming months. Green Street is art in motion, especially during the summer. From the top of the street all the way down to the market, the Asian shop keepers display boxes upon boxes of honey mangoes. I can't buy them all but I love to look!

The British weather is gorgeous at the mo' – we've had a couple of days of really good sun and clear skies. It's breezy today which really complements the heat.

The guy I bought the mangoes from said it's gonna be 32 degrees over the weekend! I also told him I'll be seeing a lot more of him seeing he now has mangoes. I was so happy to be reunited with them that I even told him to keep the change!


I am... mango.FeREAK ...forever.


img by: xtheowl

No comments:

DID YOU KNOW?

...that in Hinduism, the mango tree is considered to be sacred because Prajapati, the Lord of Creatures, was changed into a mango tree.

--------------

Fellow Mango FReakoids...

* Marney Makridakis
* Whisper of Madness [a salivating description of a mango]
* FreshMangos.com
* Gift Mangoes
* National Mango Board

--------------

My Nemesis ;-(

* Kaptain Krayola