About this blog right here. Uh huh...

Some people call my luv of mangoes 'a fetish'. Meh. I say it's gone way beyond that! This blog's my homage to the succulent fruit - memoirs, poetry, random thoughts, pics & anything mango-related I can get my tongue on.

Monday, May 17

Oooh, what beauties :-)


I bought these mangoes on Saturday down Whitechapel Market. I was on a tight budget, but I had reason to celebrate, so I thought 'to hell with it' and treated myself.

These yellow reasons to smile came in a box of 24. Altogether, it came to £6 - but I am my mother's daughter, I haggled it down to £5.50; works out at about 23p per mango!

I gave six away: one to a friend I hadn't seen in a while, two to his mum and three to a really close friend of mine (a fellow mango freak!)

...and the rest were mine, mine, MIIIIIIIIIINE :-)


As of the writing of this post, there are only three mangoes left!


mango.fReak.

No comments:

DID YOU KNOW?

...that in Hinduism, the mango tree is considered to be sacred because Prajapati, the Lord of Creatures, was changed into a mango tree.

--------------

Fellow Mango FReakoids...

* Marney Makridakis
* Whisper of Madness [a salivating description of a mango]
* FreshMangos.com
* Gift Mangoes
* National Mango Board

--------------

My Nemesis ;-(

* Kaptain Krayola